[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:20:26 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 01:35 PM, Joerg Simon wrote:
> Am 11.05.2010 09:43, schrieb Ashwin:
>> Then please ask those leaders not to display a pseudo-democratic way of
>> functioning and not be receptive to the feedback.
>
> Just to clarify one fact - we have a meritocracy not a democracy in Fedora.

It is good.

>> Take a feedback, read
>> it and junk it if you do not like, why do you respond ?
>
> Ashwin, it is ok to have a respectful disagreement and accept another
> opinion,

Fully agreed.

> but please accept that you are on a Fedora Project List and
> most of the People here share the fundamental values i already explained
> in my email before. Thanks Ashwin for your feedback we accept it as your
> opinion

Thank you too.

> but it seems a lot people do not want to share it.

It is an individual choice, but there should be a self-restrain towards
accusations. I hope you agree.

> But it was
> good to bring it up, to remind us all, for what we are here and what are
> our fundamental values are in Fedora.

Any LINUX user and FOSS believer has the same fundamental values, and I
am proud to be a part of this value system.

However, the practices and processes do vary from place to place and
project to project. It is again a duty of the true believer to talk
about possible changes and improvements and reforms. And at the end of
the day the present pall bearers and leaders decide. Best of Lucks.

I am around on this list and many other too and would continue to
provide my inputs now and in future. Thank you for your attention and