[fedora-india] Unable to boot into Fedora

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:42:44 UTC 2010

On 05/12/2010 07:31 PM, Aniket Suryavanshi wrote:
> This may be a trivial problem for most I'm sure.

Oh no. The first time it happened with me, I was pretty scared. :)

Those were the days of LILO and Redhat 6.2, reinstall meant a lot more
work with including the creation of boot floppy with raw write etc.

> I had Fedora and Windows XP installed on my machine. I had to re-install
> XP some days back.
>
> XP's bootloader replaced grub, hence I'm unable to boot into Fedora.

No sweat, happens and happens so often with so many.

> I didn't delete/format the partitions on which Fedora was installed.

Wise decision.

> How can I boot into Fedora again without re-installing it from the
> beginning?

Check this out - 16.2.1. Reinstalling the Boot Loader :

@ the URL -
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f12/en-US/html/s1-rescuemode-boot.html

Do get back, if this does not help, maybe we can do some hand holding in
detail over irc or chat.

with Regards,
ASHWIN