[fedora-india] social networking integration

Hiemanshu Sharma hiemanshu at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 16 02:06:43 UTC 2010

Hey,

Facebook now supports XMPP <username at chat.facebook.com works for me via
Empathy), also Orkut Chat is basically Google Chat (XMPP again), the only
things that need to be added is support to browse friends/albums, etc. What
Pino plans to add is status update to Facebook. There are already FOSS apps
that can do that (http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2877035514),
we can use that as an existing library if needed and improve on it.

- Hiemanshu