[fedora-india] Pino triaging help
metherid at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:29:56 UTC 2010
Pino, the default microblogging client in Fedora 13 is getting a number
of bug reports, mostly crashes from Abrt (automatic bug reporting tool).
If you are interested, I would welcome some help with triaging it or
co-maintaining it. You need a Red Hat bugzilla account and Google id.
This entire task would take up to an hour or so for the open bugs
1) If the users have filed it against a older version, request them to
update to the latest version and verify
2) Abrt should have automatically collected the needed info and file a
backtrace/stack trace. If not ask the end user to file it manually
following the steps outlined at
Mark the bug as NEEDINFO status. If the user does not respond within two
weeks or so, close it with a comment
3) If it already has a stack trace, figure out if it is a duplicate by
reading the stack trace and comparing it with others. Mark it as
duplicate against the oldest ticket when appropriate.
4) Once you have gone through and set needinfo and closed duplicate
bugs, you will have to go through the upstream tracker at
5) Report all valid bugs with the stack trace upstream
If you have any doubts, feel free to ask.
More information about the india