[fedora-india] Fedora 14 Feedback

Mon Nov 1 04:07:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Saurabh Sharma <luckysharma11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently after many arguments with my manager installed Fedora 14 in
> my office [ A full windoz house, some of the guys in IT dept not even
> heard of Thunderbird ] desktop and one of the best feedback that i got
> for it [Fedora] from one of my colleague goes like this.
>
> " are itna sahi UI aa gaya hai kya linux me....."
>
> Seems like we can add some thing like a "Great UI" to the publicity
> material, since it seems that people common still have the same image
> of the 'KAALI DUNIYA' the SHELLS when talking about linux.

Perhaps it would be asking too much but with this sentiment it may be
a good idea to hold a small informal "showing off Fedora" kind of
event with your colleagues and writing it up. Asking them how they use
their desktops at home and then assessing whether they could do the
same with a Fedora desktop would help both the projects and your
colleagues to adopt a Linux desktop at home.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>