[fedora-india] How could I stop yum updating the package list often?

Sun Nov 14 05:56:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look at /etc/yum.conf.  The value metadata_expire is used to control
> this and extensively documented in the file itself.  Also note that yum
> -C search quake for example would force yum to run from cache.

While these are obviously documented elsewhere appropriately, is it a
good idea to read the list for such questions and maintain a page on
the wiki ? This should also help us figure out how smaller things are
important in enhanced user experience.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>