[fedora-india] Fedora 14 media replication

Tue Nov 30 09:21:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone inquire what is the cost of mass media replication (plus
> labelling etc) in Bangalore?  At some point, the rates for per DVD would
> fall.  If anyone can provide a few contact numbers, I wouldn't mind
> calling up and asking the details.   It would be useful for foss.in and
> other local events.

A couple of things to note here:

- media, when mass produced is either spindle-in-a-box or, individual
media in sleeve
- the latter is generally more expensive per piece than the former
- the SiaB is handy for install events but not very handy for events
where hand-outs happen
- the individual pieces are a bit of a hassle transporting whereas
SiaBs can be shipped within boxes

The last time we did produce media from MoserBaer it was around 11 INR
a piece in SiaB format. The sweet spot of prices is around 1500 pieces
of media.

It worked out simpler to get them shipped to the PNQ office of Red Hat
than get them to ship out various units to different locations.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>