[fedora-india] Free media statistics for Indian contributors

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:04:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 10:17 +0530, ElectroMech wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How do we report if we provided DVD's without requested from
> Fedora-free media.
>
> Most of the time when we conduct seminar to collages we provide free
> DVD's in bulk to the students.
>
> The frequency will be 3-4 seminar per year and around 100-150 dvds.
>
> I do not know whether this can be considered as Fedora Free media
> contributor or not.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

This has been discussed, and "No" is the answer. The free media program
is limited to accepting tickets on the trac and sending people media.
The reason is that the free media is for those who cannot receive fedora
media from *any other source* which covers "not having fedora related
seminars in my region".

India for one has a huge free media demand. If you sign up and have a
look at the tickets (you can't view them otherwise), most of them
genuinely are from areas where we don't have Ambassadors nearby.

Media distribution at events is separate, so is media distribution to
close by people (who therefore have an Ambassador near them).

Most of the free media contributors also do a lot of Ambassadors work
(and other Fedora community work), such as events and etc., but the team
still keeps its "two a month" completely separate.

--
Thanks!
Regards,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha