[fedora-india] Searching Google using Firefox Awesome Bar

Sawrub luckysharma11 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 15:08:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue with the search feature of the Firefox awesome bar.
Typing text on the awesome bar shows me the bookmarked and visited
pages, but submitting the text on the bar does not shows up the google
results [google is the search engine defined against 'keyword:URL'],
instead it tries to load the page using the search text as the domain name.
e.g. as if i'm typing in "fedora" in the bar and submitting the same, i
was expecting the "i'm feeling lucky" feature of google to come to my
rescue and open up the "http://fedoraproject.org/" but ironically
firefox opens up a page with URL "http://fedora/" and the content from
UnitedDomains probably a page from the DNS [not very clear about
this].Attached is the screenshot of the same page.

It was working fine as i remember a recent copying over of the profile
seems to have corrupted some thing. Is there any solution to the problem.
Tips and tricks that i have tried till time to resolve the issue  :
1. Removing firefox using YUM and deleting the profile folder from the
home directory.
2. Changing the advanced settings [about:config] of Firefox for the
values of search engine against 'keyword:URL'

Any help is welcome.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644