[fedora-india] A suggestion to promote Free Media

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:00:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 11:35 +0530, Arun Prakash wrote:
> I am also aware of that , and you can see me under the town
> "Ramanathapuram " . But only people like us would be aware of this .
> So we shall give this link to Fedora Downloads page . So that it would
> be more useful.

I really appreciate you folks spending time on this.

A few things to keep in mind:

- Links etc. on the main page are decided by the websites team. You will
need to start up a discussion there for this. It would be better if we
spent more time thinking before requesting changes.

- People don't need to know that there is a free media volunteer in
their locality. They need to log on to the net and file a ticket which
will be taken care of by someone. Do not confuse the free media
programme with Ambassadors giving out media to people around them. It is
not the same thing.

Like I said, we will try and integrate all the channels of obtaining
Fedora, but as of now they're all separate. Until we chalk out a
definite system, we don't want to rush into anything.

--
Thanks!
Regards,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha