[fedora-india] [Request] IRC trainers, October 2, 2010

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:11:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I had scheduled to conduct a one-day Free Software workshop on the
following topics at Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, Tamil
Nadu, India [1] on Saturday, October 2, 2010, but, had to cancel the
trip in the last moment:

* di-git-ally-managing-love-letters: Session on git [2]

* i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do-fedora [3]

* Packaging RPM (Fedora) [4]

Today, I coordinated with their lab system administrator to try to
install and get IRC working [5] from the computers in the seminar hall
and the labs through their proxy, so we could possibly do an online
IRC training session in #fedora-india channel. It has been done now!

I would appreciate if there are more people who can also join in as
trainers for the online sessions between 0930 and 1700 IST on
Saturday, October 2, 2010, in case, I face Internet connectivity
problems or power failures in Hyderabad. If you are interested, please
let me know. My IRC nick is "mbuf" on irc.freenode.net. Everyone is
welcome to participate in the IRC sessions as well.

I would like to request to use #fedora-india channel because in future
if they have any doubts, they know where to ask!

Thanks,

SK

[1] Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India.
http://www.mepcoeng.ac.in/

[2] di-git-ally managing love letters.
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads.html#di-git-ally-managing-love-letters

[3] i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do-fedora.
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads.html#i-want-2-do-project-tell-me-wat-2-do

[4] Packaging RPM.
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads.html#packaging-red-hot-paneer-butter-masala

[5] Fedora IRC howto. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRCHowTo