[fedora-india] [Ambassadors] [X-post] Attention: Ambassadors from India

Thu Dec 8 05:56:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just because people don't use the freemedia front to distribute
> CDs/DVDs doesn't mean they are not doing their job. There are other
> channels that do exist.
>
> It is always good to have multiple source channels through which media
> can be distributed, rather than rely on a single source.
>
> Moreover, FreeMedia is a "volunteer initiative". You cannot force
> people into it.

I've asked this question multiple times - what's the worse that can
happen, compared to the situation today, if Freemedia or, Local
Contacts efforts are completely stopped ? I'd have hoped that the
FUDCon would have allowed for discussions around "how to get the ISO
to folks who want to install the latest Fedora" and work backwards
towards identifying the paths.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>