[fedora-india] [Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors' survey: less than 3 Minutes required :)

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:42:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > --- On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > | I've made a small survey I request everyone to fill up. It has 3
> > | questions, of which one asks your name :P
> > |
> > | It is intended to collect data on what people have been doing and what
> > | difficulties they're facing while carrying out ambassador activities.
> > |
> > | The survey:
> > |

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFN3emtQdEhVMGdKTXNWX0lWdkVXUmc6MQ
> > |
> > | The results (publicly viewable):
> > |
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al73WBsvtlGodFN3emtQdEhVMGdKTXNWX0lWdkVXUmc
> > \--
>

> > It would be good to use the Fedora Infrastructure if you intend to
> > collect information from Fedora users. Not everyone necessarily uses
> > other third party services.
>
> +1
>
> I was just about to send the following:
>
> As Fedora Project contributor, we are proud to use only Free Software
> in the whole process. From the marketing to the infra through the
> design.
>
> I don't know if there is any alternatives to google doc, but there should
> be.
> Have you at least looked for one?
>
> If there is no web hosted facilities, we should consider asking the
> infra to host some.
> I don't know UNG docs ("UGN is Not Google")[1] but looks great.
>
> same for doodle, we all use this site, but there are free (I mean Open
> Source) alternatives, like dudle[2]
>

> Do we have a wiki page where we can find all available tools for
> contributors?
>

> [1] http://www.ung-project.org/
> [2] https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/about.cgi?lang=en

hello ,

I understand what you are trying to say. However, requesting infra to set
it all up and then conduct the survey would delay the survey quite a bit.
As long as this survey is transparent, it is okay IMO. Please feel free to
work on setting up a survey mechanism on fedora infra.

As a closing note, please start a separate thread for the discussion on
such tools. I'd like this one to remain on track.

--
> Kévin Raymond
> User:shaiton
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2