[fedora-india] Incomplete Report: On Yesterday's Fedora event

Tue Feb 8 09:15:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 8:01 AM, A. Mani <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:

> For college events some of the senior ambassadors should check the
> logistics and infrastructure in person.

There isn't anything called a 'senior' Ambassador. At least not a
merit badge that I know about. One of the upsides (at least I
personally see it as an upside, irrespective of the fact that it often
doesn't turn out that way) of delegating is "delegating with
confidence". In other words, getting so much out-of-the-way of the
folks at the local level that they own the event and shape it up. For
folks doing if the first time around, it always has a few niggling
issues.

I haven't read a report from the event owner (who, by the way, has
separately mentioned that examinations and campus interviews are
keeping him from doing the needful *sigh*) but I'd have liked to learn
a bit more about this event. Especially along the light of how the
follow-up is planned to happen with the participants.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>