[fedora-india] Event report: SK: EFY Expo 2011, New Delhi, India

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:43:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I had participated in the panel discussion on "Free/Open Source
Hardware - What it means to Design Engineers" at the Electronics For
You Expo [1] 2011, Pragati Maidan [2], New Delhi on Satuday, February
19, 2011 representing Fedora and Fedora Electronic Lab. Massimo Banzi
(Arduino) chaired the session. The presentation is available at:

  http://shakthimaan.com/downloads.html#free-open-source-hardware-what-it-means-to-design-engineers

It was good to meet up with Massimo Banzi, Marcus Erlandsson
(OpenCores.org) and Kyle Wiens (iFixit). I was also able to catch up
with few Arduino hackers from Delhi. We had a good discussion about
open hardware, licensing, community development, hardware hacking, and
of course Fedora Electronic Lab. Special thanks to Electronics For You
for sponsoring the travel, and for the logistics.

Few photos taken during the expo are available at:

  http://www.shakthimaan.com/Mambo/gallery/album66

Regards,

SK

[1] EFY Expo 2011. http://www.efyexpo.com/.