[fedora-india] How to override %configure macros prefix without editing macro files?

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:58:03 UTC 2011

On 11 January 2011 12:47, Lakshmipathi.G wrote:
> Hi -
> I want to override this %configure macro's default --prefix=/usr .  I like
> to change --prefix to /opt.  Do we have anyway to change this --prefix
> without adding value to ~/.rpmmacros  or other files. I don't want to create
> relocatable package. Just default rpm install should go to /opt.

rpm -E %configure gives you what this macro expands to in your environ.

You can replace using %configure with configure script with whatever option
you like.

Note: In case this package is meant for Fedora, guidelines don't allow one to
install files at /opt.

Rakesh Pandit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rakesh
freedom, friends, features, first