[fedora-india] A two hour wiki editing remote FAD

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:31:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 14:58 +0800, Harish Pillay 9v1hp wrote:
> Ankur -
>
> > I'd like to hold a minuscule TWO hour remote FAD sometime to update some
> > wiki pages. Most of them are related to Distribution[1]. Would anyone be
> > interested in working on this?
> >
> > You will learn :
> > - The fedora distribution process
> > - Locations of important wiki pages regarding the subject
> > - Wiki editing
> > - If time remains, we can have a question session on the same topic
> > where I can clarify your doubts on how fedora distribution functions
> > - We can also help you get started with distribution if time permits.
> >
> > What you need to know :
> > - The English language
> >
> > One of the weekends would be nice. Either Saturday or Sunday. It won't
> > take longer than 2 hours.
>
> Since this is remote (ie online I assume), can you turn this into
> a Fedora Classroom activity?
>
> Harish
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC/Classroom

Hi Harish,

I had thought of making this into a classroom session, but decided it
wouldn't really fit in well. This session is oriented solely at updating
the wiki pages related to distribution. So,

primary goal: update wiki pages
secondary goal: people learn in the process.

In a classroom session, it would be the other way round:

primary goal: people learn about distribution process
secondary goal: update some wiki pages

Wouldn't it be better to take a classroom session once the pages are all
up to date, since they'll be the references that students will
eventually look up.

Thanks,
regards,
Ankur