[fedora-india] Updates on Posters

Suchakra suchakra at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 07:06:48 UTC 2011

We plan to roll out 2-3 variants of the poster with same content but
different theme elements (and maybe colours?). The generic version to
be used is at [1]
If you like it, I can send this one for some initial prints in Pune.
Watch the same place [2] and the ticket [3]  from now on for updates
on designs of posters and banners.

Important points for budget:
Posters generally cost very less but vinyl posters cost a lot. An A3
sized colour poster on plain paper is Rs 15-20 per piece and Rs 20-25
on gloss. A 7x4 foot high quality vinyl banner was around Rs 450 the
last time I checked (maybe 2 months). The number of posters required
in COEP is around 25 and in surrounding colleges will be 35 which
makes it 60 posters for Pune. I propose that we print 4 vinyl banners
too. Keep in mind that this is all for local publicity *before event*.
Banners for directions, and other markings *during event* is separate
and will be done later.

I plan to wrap up the posters business by month end and then work on
banners and other graphics.

[1] http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/poster_fudcon_india_concept.png
[2] http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/192