[fedora-india] [Fwd: Re: [Fedora Freemedia] #6429: Krishna Moorthy A from INDIA wants a i386 DVD.]

Aditya Patawari adimania at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:11:34 UTC 2011

> Not true. We do have an update policy that mandates maintainers to avoid
> major updates to a packages within a stable release.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy#Stable_Releases

I know about the policy but we are more generous regarding this. For
example, I do remember that Fedora packaged and provided Firefox 4
when it was released while Ubuntu waited for its next release cycle
and didn't updated Firefox package. Many people, including me, would
like to have softwares as soon as they are released and Fedora is a
natural choice for such people. (There are several other reasons like
philosophy and community but I won't go into that for now).