[fedora-india] [Fwd: Re: [Fedora Freemedia] #6429: Krishna Moorthy A from INDIA wants a i386 DVD.]

Myself sherry151 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:26:24 UTC 2011

Hi

A few things that are really state of the art in Ubuntu:

1) Installation process and ease of installation (Even a 10 year old
can install it without assistance)
2) Mirrors and the package installation process (Fedora mirrors in
India are pathetic plus off late yum dbs are becoming obscenely huge)
3) Synaptic package manager (Packagekit does a good job in Fedora too)
4) The release update process is also much easier.
5) Boot time and default graphics (bootscreen , wallpaper etc)

I use both the distros (although off late I am using Ubuntu much more
due it being on my office desktop :D ) and mentioned what I have felt.
I feel rest everything is standard GNOME (and probably KDE stuff)
although sometimes it pisses me off when I don't find a library or .so
file where it is usually expected. For a terminal lover like me, it
does not really matter which distro one is using.

--
Regards
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury
sherry151 at gmail.com