[fedora-india] Becoming a Fedora package maintainer, easier than ever

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:23:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 10:34 +0530, Ashwin wrote:

> I am afraid, *not* everything. In case you feel so, please do point,
> or is a lecture a must before pointing. :)
>
> with Regards,
> ASHWIN

*Almost*. If it isn't on the wiki, the Fedora way of doing things is
finding out and *adding* it to the wiki. In case you haven't noticed,
your previous queries have all been answered by links from the wiki.

>  From the same page - Section on Access - "You must be sponsored in a
> group (other than the CLA groups)", so who can sponsor whom ? Is
> there
> any "co-maintainer" group ?

And again:

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored

(first link on google when you go "fedora project package sponsor")

People here are just googling for you which is I suggested you spend
more time doing it yourself and reading the docs. It isn't a lecture.

A smiley on the end of the sentence doesn't change the intended idea of
the sentence btw. Rude still stays rude :)

Best of luck with your packaging exploits.

Ankur