[fedora-india] FUDCON: rescheduling

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 05:41:31 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 07:45 PM, अभिजित Abhijit wrote:
> Dear Rahul and all concerned,
>
> Here are few suggestions regarding the re-scheduling of events: (w.r.t.
> http://fudcon.in/program/fudcon_schedule)
>
> * It would be good to AVOID hackfests in the Auditorium. It is just too big
> a place to handle a hands-on event. Let us schedule them in the class
> rooms.

We aren't scheduling hackfests in the audi.  I don't think hackfests
needs much of scheduling anyway.  They are on the 3rd day and can be
pretty much ad-hoc

> * We have 6 class rooms. If that is more than necessary, we can give back
> some rooms to the departments.

So audi,  two seminal halls and two classrooms will be scheduled.  We
are leaving one unscheduled for ad-hoc sessions and one for press
interviews on 4th and potentially on 5th as well.  Press is planning to
do interviews post the keynote.  I will update timings when I get to
hear back from others.

> * The schedule looks very tightly packed with sessions one after another.
> If we have more facilities, then for a 1 Hour talk, let us consider a half
> an hour break in between for the audience and the speaker to interact with
> each other.

40+10+10 as Shakthi indicated.

> * Some of the more popular/important technical talks can have 2 sessions on
> 2 days. Some of the hackfests can also get repeated.

Its already a very busy schedule but we can try to repeat some of the
workshops if it is possible.

> The lunch time should be 12 noon to 1 pm.  The current time of 1pm - 2 pm
> does not match the students' mess timings.

Schedule has been adjusted.