[fedora-india] Freemedia Help *Needed* in India

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:06:45 UTC 2011

On 10/11/11 13:29, sankarshan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 3:36 AM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Do we need a rethink of Freemedia in India?
>> Those on the ground are the best to come up with answers.
>
> So, here's a question I've had - if there is no reasonable method of
> tracking what is the end result of the request and the media receipt,
> how does one assess the impact being made by the Freemedia initiative.

Are statistics really relevant in this case?
If someone who cannot afford a media gets one,
is that not reward in itself.

The Freemedia was started in the beginning.
To get media to those who *cannot* afford to buy it.
Personally I would change the terms to exclude slow internet,
as a reason to get Freemedia, (they can purchase online\offline?)

But as someone not living in India all I have to go on is,
what I have seen in Freemedia,
that somey Indian people seem to be unable\unwilling
to help their countrypeople.
Unless there is some payback.

But, I repeat I don't live there.
and only comment as an outsider.