[fedora-india] version magic ' SMP mod_unload ' should be ' mod_unload '

Lakshmipathi.G lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 10:52:40 UTC 2011

Hi -
I build a custom kernel module on my host machine

Download the src rpm of this kernel and built it as mention here

Now from this src I have created a uml kernel & logged into it. Then copied
my custom module from host machine into uml.

insmod says
# insmod myfs.ko
myfs: version magic ' SMP mod_unload ' should be
' mod_unload '
insmod: error inserting 'myfs.ko': -1 Invalid module format

Any one tried using UML with Fedora and adding custom modules with it?

FOSS Programmer.