[fedora-india] Exciting job opportunity: L2 Service Desk with Red Hat
shazarik at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 12:00:21 UTC 2012
Red Hat is currently looking for a L2 Service Desk Engineer for its Pune location.
It will be a "contractor's " position.
Anyone interested can contact me directly on the given phone numbers ( signature ) or contact me over the mail ( off list )
Please find the “ Daily responsibilities and Job Requirements” for this role.
Daily responsibilities of an Service Desk Engineer include :
- providing email, telephone, irc-based support for all employees
- providing technical help with user hardware and software issues
- communicating effectively with employees in well spoken and written English
- exercising expert judgement within defined procedures and processes to determine appropriate action
- performing configuration, upgrades, and relocation of user hardware, software and other devices
- participating in employee training and education on policy, procedure, processes, information, how to s
- experience in providing remote assistance to end customers using various tools and comfortable in remotely resolving of issues.
- assisting the team in documenting all tasks, processes, procedures and information
- working independently with minimal supervision
- handling shift work and unusual hours if required
-3+ years experience in troubleshooting / desktop / end-user machines in a Linux, Windows, or Mac environment. *Linux experience preferred.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills
- Customer focused and enthusiastic in helping people to resolve technical problems
- Linux PC system/networking troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and skilfully
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and skill with user hardware installation and configuration
- Experience in deploying and supporting communications hardware (cellphones, desk phones, video conference)
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to organizational changes
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop technical skills
- Strong computer ethics
- BSc/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
- A desire to be part of a company that is redefining the entire software industry
- Work hours: To work in shifts if required. 9 hours a day.
Thanking you again,
More information about the india