[fedora-india] Help with tagging in Ask Fedora

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:49:33 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 04:02 AM, rtnpro at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> Why do we allow users with any karma point create a tag? AFAIK in Stackoverflow, users need to have a minimum reputation to add tags, else they are bound to use the existing tags.
>
> We can add such a feature to askbot too.

Yeah and ability to restrict users from using certain tags would also be
useful.  If you want to coordinate with upstream on patches, that would
be very welcome.  I have currently changed the settings so that no tag
can be more than 10 characters and no more than two tags be used for a
single question.  We will see if this improves things.