[fedora-india] [Event Report] FAD Mysore 2013, Saturday, April 20, 2013
shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:40:05 UTC 2013
A Fedora Activity Day  was held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of
Engineering , Mysore, Karnataka, India on Saturday, April 20, 2013.
The agenda included talks in the morning, and practical sessions in
the afternoon. I started the day's proceedings on best practices to be
followed when working with free/open source software projects, giving
examples on effective project, and communication guidelines . The
various Fedora sub-projects  that students can contribute to were
mentioned. This was followed by an introductory session on Python by
Aravinda V K . The "Python: Introduction for Programmers"
presentation  was given to the students. Vijaykumar Koppad  then
gave an overview, and a demo of the Gluster file system .
After lunch, we had a Q&A session with the participants. Questions on
working with free/open source software projects, differences between
file systems, GNU/Linux distributions, and programming languages were
answered. Basic installation and troubleshooting techniques were
discussed. I addressed system architecture design concepts,
compilation, cross-compilation, and revision control systems, and
briefed them on copyright, and licensing. Students had brought their
laptops to work on Python scripting, and GlusterFS. I also worked on
few bug fixes, package builds for ARM, and package updates:
* Bug 928059 - perl-Sys-CPU 0.54 tests fail on ARM
* Bug 926079 - linsmith: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide
* Bug 925483 - gputils: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide
* Bug 922397 - flterm-debuginfo-1.2-1 is empty
* Bug 925202 - csmith: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide
* Bug 925247 - dgc: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide
* Bug 925208 - CUnit: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide
* Bug 901632 - ghc-smallcheck-1.0.2 is available
* Bug 926213 - nesc: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide
* Bug 953775 - ghc-data-inttrie-0.1.0 is available
Thanks to Vijay Bellur  and Vijaykumar Koppad for working with me
in organizing this workshop. Thanks also to the Fedora project for
sponsoring my travel and accommodation.
Few photos taken during the trip are available in my /gallery .
 Fedora Activity Day, Mysore, 2013.
 Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of Engineering, Mysore. http://www.sjce.ac.in/
 i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do-fedora.
 Fedora sub-projects. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects
 Aravinda V K. http://aravindavk.in/
 "Python: Introduction for Programmers".
 Vijaykumar Koppad. https://github.com/vijaykumar-koppad
 Gluster. http://www.gluster.org/
 Vijay Bellur. http://vbellur.wordpress.com/
 Photos. http://www.shakthimaan.com/Mambo/gallery/album92
More information about the india