[fedora-india] Report on Poster Competition

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 5 07:45:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM, A. Mani <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
> Added a brief report at
> http://www.ilug-cal.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=206&Itemid=2
> and
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events/CFD-India%272013#Event_Report

All in all it is a very difficult and sensible topic to discuss - even
outside a geek world! Fedora is about Software, but also as a Community
Project it is dealing with people and values and about "doing the right
thing". We especially as Ambassadors have to be careful if a campaign
hurts people feelings with extreme statements - how good your intentions
might be - obviously there are feelings hurt.
And if you are using Fedora to co-brand a political campaign, please put
some extra brain in the preparation.

Why was this event a success? Because of the discussion started? I can
not say if the statements in the report are too extreme or just meant as
a provocation to get a discussion going on. At least - imho - the people
i met in your incredible country and the discussion around IPC section
377 to decriminalise LGBT people in India show a different picture to
the outside world.

cu Joerg

btw. where can i see the winner posters
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688