[fedora-india] Next APAC meeting on October 26, 2013: Release party planning, FAD APAC status

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 00:20:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to hold an APAC meeting next week, on the 26th of October, at
0400 UTC.

Ambassadors, please pass this mail on to your regional mailing lists.
Mentors, please pass this message on to the candidates you're helping
come on board. The meeting will be a good place for them to learn how
Fedora events are organized.

Since Fedora 20 is only a month and a half away, it's time to start
planning for our release events. The agenda of the meeting is as
follows:

- Init:
The usual roll call

- News from FAmSCo, if Tuan and Buddhike have anything to report
- - APAC CC holder status

- Event process walk through: informative only
Here, one of us will quickly walk through the event process, provide
important links and some tips from our experiences with events. Any new
comers who are looking to hold their first Fedora events as Ambassadors
are encouraged to attend this topic.

- Fedora 20 release party statuses
- - Plans
- - Swag requirements
This is the main agenda item. If you plan to hold a Fedora 20 release
event and already know how to go about it, you have a week to get some
preliminary information. It's still quite early to have receipts for
reimbursement and trac tickets, but estimates would be good to have too.
We'll also use this to check the status of various release goodies,
flyers, posters, and see if they're ready or what we can do to help the
respective teams get them ready on time.

- FAD APAC updates
We'll see if Fedora PH has any updates on this.

- LCA[1]
Is anyone coming down to attend this? Do I start working on an event
box?

- Open floor
Anything we miss out.

Please feel free to add items to the agenda. I shall send out another
reminder mid week.

Wiki page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:APAC_Ambassadors_2013-10-26

[1] http://lca2014.linux.org.au/