[fedora-india] Event report for Fedora meetup @ Bangalore on 8th March, 2014

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 17:36:31 UTC 2014

On 03/29/2014 07:47 PM, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
> On 03/08/2014 11:37 PM, Ratnadeep Debnath wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Finally, after a long time, we had a Fedora meetup today (March 8,
>> 2014) in Bangalore at Red Hat's office in Bangalore.
>>
>> The attendees for the event were:
>> - Anil Shah
>> - Varun Shastry
>> - Rejy M Cyriac
>> - Ratnadeep Debnath
>> - Sayan Chowdhury
>> - Sarup Banskota
>>
>> Following is a summary of the discussions that took place in today's meetup:
>>
>> Fedora monthly meetup
>> =================
>>   We've decided to do a local Fedora meetup every month to discuss and
>> act on reaching out to more and more people in and around the city to
>> encourage usage of FOSS tools, Fedora and contributing back.
>>

> I propose that we put up a regular schedule to meet, so that everyone
> can plan ahead to attend the Fedora Bangalore meeting any month of their
> choice. I say let us schedule the Fedora meeting for 10:00 - 13:00, on
> the *last Saturday* of every month, starting from April 2014.

With Parliament Elections scheduled for most of April, maybe we could
skip the Bangalore Fedora User meeting for April, and have the next one
on the last Saturday of May, which would be the 31st of May. Gives
everyone a lot of time to plan their schedules so as to attend the
meeting, and to get the agenda planned well. What do you folks say ?

> The venue could always be the Red Hat Bangalore office, and in case
> there is any change in the venue, day, or time, this can be communicated
> ahead of time, to the list.
>
> Can we make a general page at the Fedora wiki for 'Fedora User Group -
> Bangalore', with the regular venue, day and time of meeting at the top.
> Then we can add the agenda, and reports for every meeting that we have
> at the page. We could also have links from the page to other wiki pages
> where we might have project specific information, like for FAD, college
> visits/events/workshops, Fedora infrastructure/tools improvement and so on.

Calling creative people to volunteer for this.

- rejy (rmc)