[fedora-india] Fedora Activity Day at Pune on 23rd August

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Tue Aug 12 07:20:33 UTC 2014

On (Tue) 12 Aug 2014 [10:33:24], Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> On 08/09/2014 12:08 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>
> > The tentative theme for the event is along the lines of a Test Day.
> > It is tentative because (a) only a few of us have unilaterally
> > proposed and agreed to it (i.e. no feedback from anyone here) and (b)
> > we haven't yet decided on which components to target.
> >

> If any one is interested in Fedora security, i can do a short talk and
> maybe a workshop/hackfest kind of thing, where we practically work on it.

Great, thanks.

What could we do as part of the workshop / hackfest?

We discussed security in the context of security bug triaging, but it
was thought to be too involved a process for a newcomer (i.e. newcomer
to the world of security bugs) to come and contribute.  What in
security could be a low-hanging-fruit kind of a thing where we
introduce concepts to a general audience, and then move on to more
advanced topics, while keeping contributions flowing (i.e. not
armchair FAD participations, but real participations)?

Thanks,

		Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/