[fedora-india] Fedora Activity Day at Pune on 23rd August

Huzaifa Sidhpurwala huzaifas at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 08:03:02 UTC 2014

On 08/12/2014 12:50 PM, Amit Shah wrote:
> On (Tue) 12 Aug 2014 [10:33:24], Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
>> On 08/09/2014 12:08 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>>
>>> The tentative theme for the event is along the lines of a Test Day.
>>> It is tentative because (a) only a few of us have unilaterally
>>> proposed and agreed to it (i.e. no feedback from anyone here) and (b)
>>> we haven't yet decided on which components to target.
>>>

>> If any one is interested in Fedora security, i can do a short talk and
>> maybe a workshop/hackfest kind of thing, where we practically work on it.
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> What could we do as part of the workshop / hackfest?
>
> We discussed security in the context of security bug triaging, but it
> was thought to be too involved a process for a newcomer (i.e. newcomer
> to the world of security bugs) to come and contribute.  What in
> security could be a low-hanging-fruit kind of a thing where we
> introduce concepts to a general audience, and then move on to more
> advanced topics, while keeping contributions flowing (i.e. not
> armchair FAD participations, but real participations)?

Right, so in the end it really depends on the the target audience we get
(sp. contributors from outside Red Hat etc and this is really applicable
to any topic/talk/hackfest)

One suggestion would be, we wait till a X date, look at the contributor
level/interest and then cater our agenda to that, or even ask them what
they are interested in?