[fedora-india] Fedora Activity Day at Pune on 23rd August
amitshah at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 09:03:10 UTC 2014
On (Sat) 23 Aug 2014 [22:12:28], Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Thank you to all those who came (physically as well as virtually) and
> made the FAD a success. We filed at least 15 bugs and tested over 8
> components during the day, along with two sessions that Prasad and
> Kashyap conducted on the spot. Please don't forget to blog about your
> experience and post the link on the wiki page in the Blogs and Reports
Inlining the etherpad contents, for posterity.
* Fedora 21 testing
* Wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Pune_Aug_2014
* IRC: #fedora-india on freenode
* Images in use for this FAD: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2014-August/005564.html
* ISOs available locally, please ask before downloading!
* Location: Harishchandragad, Level 1, Red Hat Pune Office
* Chandan Kumar - 2
* Updated this bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1133166
* Amit Shah - 2
* Praveen - 1
* Suresh - 3
* Siddhesh: 4
* Himanshu -1 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1133185
* Natesh - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1133207
* P J P: did DNSSEC configuration & tests
* fails to resolve internal domains
* Virtualization testing
* F21 VM created using NAT configuration didn't able to connect external network through Host.
* If libvirtd service is already running on VM then it's create a default network with confict with host network and make network un-reachable.
* Unable to get the vm console while trying to connect to the KVM host through ssh option from remote virt-manager.
* S3 (suspend-to-RAM)
* does not suspend on laptop lid close
* suspends fine with gnome menu action
* resume broken: gnome resumes into a 'Oh no, something has gone wrong' screen
* switching to vty sets screen brightness to 0
* workaround is to echo 13 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
* Installation testing
* Anaconda: Default selected language should be English (maybe not a bug, but a feature)
* installation gui screen flickers while installation it in a vm using gnome iso <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1133166>
* happens in VM as well as bare hardware
* Progress bar is not in sync with the package installation
* On enabling and disabling Network Time button in Date and Time screen while installing f21 workstation live iso , Time and data buttons are disabled. <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1133183>
* Root Taking null as password. Even spaces are allowed. [ It takes previous set password ]
* Anaconda[kde]: Radio button and checkbox selections in the partitioning screeen not visible
* Anaconda: Checkbox selections in user creation screen not visible (tested on VM)
* Anaconda: Timezone selection location on map does not consistently follow mouse clicks
* Anaconda[kde]: The mount point selection widget in "Add a new mount point" option not selectable with a mouse
* If there are multiple btrfs partitions at the time of installation and if we modify the size of a single partition, it will automatically change the size of all the partitions.
* 389 Testing
* Beaker job executed for the test run
* Aborted due to installation from https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/F21a-TC1/Server/x86_64/os/
* Got failailures in installation - bug -
* Security testing:
- openssl - all CVEs verified, all good!
* GNOME Bug:
* After installation, during firstboot, there are only few regions available (does not include India)
* Nautilus does not show hard disk partitions behind LVM which can be mounted (trying with live iso on a laptop which has some partitions)
* Filesystem Bug
* SSSD Tesing (Kaushik and Nirupama)
* we workd on https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1534
I think we got the setup working.
- Machine1: AD Server.
- Machine2: RHEL6.5 - Samba+winbind connected to AD
- Machine3: Fedora21 - sssd-1.12.0-2 enrolled directly to AD
But, I had to turn off ldap id mapping to avoid uid, gid mismatch conflict with samba server configured on rhel6.5 . Also had to disable GPO for access being denied by default.
i.e. The following was added to sssd.conf additionally:
ad_gpo_access_control = disabled
ldap_id_mapping = false
Now, can you check if the following steps are enough to verify cifs client test:
- # rpm -qf /usr/lib64/libwbclient.so.0.11.0
- # ssh -l aduser1 at mars.corp.com localhost
aduser1 at mars.corp.com@localhost's password:
Creating home directory for aduser1 at mars.corp.com.
-sh-4.3$ mkdir mountdir
-sh-4.3$ touch 1
- # mount.cifs //10.65.207.31/testshare /home/aduser1/mountdir/ -o username=aduser1
Password for aduser1@//10.65.207.31/testshare: *********
- # getcifsacl /home/aduser1/mountdir/1
OWNER:aduser1 at MARS.CORP.COM
GROUP:domain users at MARS.CORP.COM
ACL:aduser1 at MARS.CORP.COM:ALLOWED/0x0/RW
ACL:domain users at MARS.CORP.COM:ALLOWED/0x0/R
ACL:Everyone at WORLD AUTHORITY:ALLOWED/0x0/R
- I didn't see anything in the sssd debug logs other than user/group lookups. Anything to look out specific to cifs? Do you know howto access/enable cifs logs?
- Do we test further read/write access control on the shares?
* Virtualization (snapshots)
* Create VM using `virt-builder`
* $ virt-builder fedora-20 -o f20vm1 --format qcow2 --size 10G
More information about the india