[fedora-india] [Ambassadors] Proposal to hold a Fedora meetup in Bangalore

Sarup Banskota sbanskota08 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:35:49 UTC 2014

> I am not sure about student participation for the event. Saturday is a
> working day for many colleges. However, if students are interested,
> they can surely turn up for the event.

I'm stuck with the same problem, but I'm going to try and make it.

> I spoke with the folks from FSMK about this. They said that a lot of
> students (around 60) are interested in GSoC and want to know more
> about it. But the agenda of our meeting is more Fedora specific.

It is probably a better idea to do two tracks. If I'm around, I'm game for
answering questions regarding GlitterGallery.

> * Or, shall the meetup comprise of only Fedora enthusiasts? We can
> discuss on Fedora specific topics like:
>   - how to get more contributors from our neighbourhood
>   - evangelize Fedora as a GSoC organization in the neighbourhood
>   - Increase Fedora usage

I'd vote for either an audience comprising of only Fedora enthusiasts, or
alternatively - two different tracks if that's possible.

Thanks! Looking forward to meet you folks in Bangalore, provided I have
permits :)