[fedora-india] Fedora India budget FY 16-17

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Tue Dec 1 03:57:20 UTC 2015

On (Mon) 30 Nov 2015 [22:29:27], Aditya Patawari wrote:
> Several talks from APAC contributors ( and probably LATAM) were
> selected for Flock.

On this point: the talks were rated highly, not necessarily selected.
The rating was also contentious: anyone with a FAS account could vote,
and it isn't obvious that the talks that were rated highly were
necessarily the best ones.

Also, for sponsoring individuals from India / APAC, I'd be more
inclined to sponsor people who have something new or different to
bring to Flock than others.  E.g. last year, my first choice would've
been to sponsor Pravin because he'd have spoken on G10N, which no one
else at Flock was going to speak on, and he'd have raised issues in
the distro which others may not see.

In any case, I feel it's upto the Flock organisers and the Fedora
project to realise this and appropriately invite key people rather
than regional budgets making room (at the cost of local stuff that we
could do instead).

		Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/