[fedora-india] FUDCon APAC 2015 - Call for Papers

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Thu Feb 12 06:49:10 UTC 2015

On (Mon) 09 Feb 2015 [18:16:17], Pravin Satpute wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     FUDCon - The Fedora Users & Developers Conference is back and this
> time to be held in Pune – one of the premiere IT & Software hubs of
> India!. FUDCon is a major free and open source software event held in
> various regions around the world, with the aim of bringing Fedora
> community members together to engage in various innovative
> ideas/activities and showcase the new technologies developed.
>
>     FUDCon APAC 2015 is organized in association with the Maharastra
> Institute of Technology College of Engineering (MIT COE) [2], one of the
> premiere engineering colleges in Pune, at their Campus.
>
>     Keeping in line with the aim of increasing participation to Fedora
> and engaging with various OpenSource communities, we hereby invite you
> to submit proposals of interest for Talks, Workshops and Hackfests.
>
>     Please submit the proposals through below link [1] on or before 9th
> March 2015.

We haven't mentioned funding options, which speakers may want to know
in advance about.  Let's update the website with some details along
these lines:

<suggested text>

We have some funding options available for speakers.  Since this is
FUDCon APAC, priority will be given to speakers who are active in
Fedora, whose talks are related to Fedora or upstream work, and who
are from the APAC region.

We would like to get as many people to FUDCon APAC as possible, and
the travel budget is limited.  If we cannot sponsor the entire trip,
we would at least be able to meet 50% of the expenses.

Please make travel plans in advance, so flight bookings can be done
earlier to avoid higher fares.  Also, if you need a visa to enter
India, please provide sufficient time for visa processing according to
the Indian embassy documents for your country.

</suggested text>

Feel free to amend the text above and update the website.

Also, we should update the speaker submission form for a checkbox on
whether travel funding is required.  We should note that they will
have to open a trac ticket for it.  We should get a trac category for
FUDCon APAC 2015, someone please get that done ASAP.

Another item we will want on the user registration page is a text box
for the FAS ID.  This will be used to award badges for FUDCon Speaker
and FUDCon attendee.

		Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/