[fedora-india] About details of submitting Sessions

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:49:48 UTC 2015

On 20 February 2015 at 18:14, Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 at gmail.com> wrote:
>     1)  As I am going to take kernel related session, is it feasible to use
> Virtualbox/VMWare Player on Linux or on Windows in which i will give hands
> on?
>
>       In most of cases that I have seen for Kernel Compilation related
> activities chances of things go wrong (system crash, unable to boot).

Doing it in a VM is a good idea.  I would suggest using a Free
alternative like kvm; you have time to learn it :)

Also as a backup it might be a good idea to record a video of your
demonstration so that if it doesn't work during your talk, you have a
fallback.

>     2) Is it permissible to use distro other than Fedora i.e. I am having
> CentOS installed as Dual boot with windows?
>
>      Like this:
>
>      Host OS: CentOS 6.x/ Windows
>
>      Application S/W: Virtualbox/VMWare Player
>
>      Guest OS: Fedora 21 or latest one.

We don't dictate how you do your presentation.  That said, we would be
really happy if you choose Free alternatives wherever you can.  Our
focus is the topic of your session and we want that to be about Open
Source Software.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in