[fedora-india] FUDCon planning meeting 27-Jan-2015 - minutes

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:14:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Rejy M Cyriac <rcyriac at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/27/2015 08:01 PM, P J P wrote:
>>    Hello,
>>
>> The news of hosting FUDCon APAC in Pune this year has filled everyone with great energy. Today we held the first round of open discussions towards organising FUDCon APAC 2015. :)
>>

> Maybe the fact that there was going to be a 'FUDCon Pune Planning
> meeting' on 27 Jan 2015 should have been sent to the Fedora India
> mailing list at least.

This one was more for local volunteers from Pune as I understood after
reading the
piratepad.

> The more the word is spread, the better the chances of having an awesome
> event. I remember from the last FudCon at Pune, that having more number
> of enthusiastic volunteers could have made it an even better experience
> for the participants.

> In my opinion, we should learn from the PyCon India organisers, who go
> all out to invite and welcome volunteers, and in response a large number
> of volunteers come together from different parts of the country to make
> the event happen.
>
> Disappointed. :-/

PyCon India happens in a different way and following a complete different
structure. The community is also different. FUDCON is much more focused
to the Fedora developers and users than anything else.

Fedora always welcomes new people to join in to the project. Most of
the conference
work, which is supposed to be done before the event, has to be done by the local
city volunteers.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer