[fedora-india] What do we want to achieve through the Freemedia program in India?

praveen patil praveenkumar103 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 04:38:52 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2015-03-29 at 09:09 +0530, sankarshan wrote:
> > "Are the recipients of the Freemedia program (in India) passive or, do
> > we get to hear back from them about participating in the Fedora
> > community via mailing lists and IRC?"
>
> I can't speak about the recent past, but when I was sending media around
> a couple of years ago, I didn't see any of the recipients turn into
> contributors. I don't know why this is, though.

Recently I have joined this program and sent a couple of media three months
ago. Tried to communicate with the recipients but could not get any
response. On the other hand the there is a good response from the people
(mainly students) who got the media during installation camp, SFD and
release party that I had organized.

Regards
Praveen
FAS Name : Gnovi