[fedora-india] FUDCon banners/standees

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Wed May 20 07:54:41 UTC 2015

On (Wed) 20 May 2015 [13:03:56], Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a conversation with Sirko on IRC and he pointed out that since a
> FUDCon banner will be used just once and then discarded, it might be a
> good idea to make it as a cloth banner and not a standee.  A cloth
> banner can be cut and reused, while a standee may have to just be
> discarded.

A standee could be cut too, if these need to be re-used.

Last time we had a good balance of neutral (Fedora Project) and
event-specific banners and standees.  The neutral ones can be re-used;
we even gave some off to other ambassadors from the region the last
time so they can use them.

However, storing the non-cloth banners is a big problem - they go bad
after a while (colour fades off, the material sticks, so it has to be
separated and that means damage).  So these are usually unsuitable
after a while.

So cloth is a better option for re-use in that sense -- storage is
easier and they won't go bad.

Even then, I think we should have both, event-specific and neutral
banners / standees.  There needs to be awareness of a conference
happening rather than just a project's promo materials at the venue.

> We can make a few generic Fedora project standee banners
> instead (we already have a design for those), which we can use in
> other events.

We should do both.  Also, the generic ones can be used for booth space
in later events.

In general, I agree we should look at using cloth-based material for
these banners/standees.

		Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/