[fedora-india] Fedora India budget FY 16-17

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:32:58 UTC 2015

On 30 November 2015 at 18:55, Aditya Patawari <adimania at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good. We can also put a cap like we will only fund up to, say,
> 1000 USD per person. Or something similar.

In principle I remain not-a-fan of reserving APAC budget for Flock
attendance.  If the only reason a speaker is declined is because (s)he
is not from NA/EMEA then I consider that discriminatory (you can't
call Flock a global event and an NA/EMEA event in the same breath) and
if there are technical reasons for it then I don't consider it
worthwhile for the APAC budget to be dipped into unless there is
something that is specifically interesting for our region, such as
i18n/l10n or problems/solutions specific to our region.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in