[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Welcome new people

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 19 15:40:20 UTC 2006

I've noticed many new people showing interest in our infrastructure
and wanted to make sure to welcome everyone.  If you haven't sent some
sort of introduction email to the list feel free to do it.  Also
include exactly what stuff you're interested in working on.  I've
altered the schedule page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Schedule

I've changed "owner" to "project leader" since really many of these
tasks should be multi person.  Also many people go to the project page
and see that all the tasks are 'taken' not realizing that there's
still much much work to be done.  Anyone who has already taken
leadership with one project I'd encourage a status report sent to the
list if you're inters ted in some more hands on it.  The multi-tier
security stuff is coming soon so we should be able to open up our
resources to more people without putting us at any additional risk :)

To the new people, welcome.  Most of our communication happens here,
in the Thursday meetings or on the Wiki.  The lay of the land is
pretty simple, make sure you're vocal about what you want to work on
and let the infrastructure-list/project leader know.  People come and
go all the time and any help that can be lended will be useful.
Become familiar with the wiki page.  If you have any questions feel
free to ask me or anyone else on the list.  It may seem like
everything is taken but really everyone could use a hand from time to
time.

           -Mike