[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Infrastructure Package Management

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 24 21:01:31 UTC 2006

So in the meeting today we've discussed what to do about our package
management.  At present FC3 will be EOL'd in april(ish).  At that time
many of the packages we use in our environment will become out of
date.  So options are an upgrade to RHEL5 when it is released (which
we aren't even done upgrading everything to RHEL4 yet), building and
supporting our own repo, or try to foster support for centos.karan.org
or https://extras.108.redhat.com/

As always this is an open discussion, I'd encourage anyone with ideas
to participate.  The meeting notes will be out shortly.

        -Mike