[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Infrastructure Package Management

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:48:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 19:40 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> 2. are the newer versions of those packages in fc5 not workable for us?

Some things like python had major version upgrades between fc3 and fc5.
At minimum, we would have to rebuild the fc5 packages on fc3 to account
for this.  Some fc5 packages won't function with the older version at
all (such as bzr).

> 3. If fedora extras cvs started making it possible for us to build and
> release RHEL/Centos 4 packages is anyone interested in helping maintain
> a branch for that distro?

I can help maintain a branch for things we're working with in
infrastructure.  I don't run RHEL or Centos here, though.

-Toshio