[Fedora-infrastructure-list] A cvs space for the Usability Sig

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Aug 27 05:52:09 UTC 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 12:11, "Damien Durand" <splinux at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> I would like to ask for a cvs space for the Usability Sig so as to host
> temporarily some documentations, codes and patches, allowing a more
> efficient and productive work.

CVS isn't for temporary storage.  You need to work with other projects to keep
things where they belong.  Documentation should be kept in packages, with the
Documentation Project, or on the wiki.  Patches should be provided through
Bugzilla to appropriate maintainers or directly to upstream.  Efficiency is
achieved through collaboration and management, not version control.

Unless the Usability SIG starts producing stand-alone packages, and I don't
see any reason that it ever should, I can't imagine why it would have any
real need for its own CVS repository.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com