[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Service Cleanup

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Aug 31 15:55:09 UTC 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 10:48, Warren Togami wrote:
> Any objections to blanket disabling of this stuff across all servers?
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com
>
> isdn pcmcia apmd rawdevices microcode_ctl
> 	Utterly useless to us.
i agree
> atd anacron
> 	Do we want to keep these?  I've always turned them off personally.
anacron  could be useful if the boxes are down  when they are supposed to run
things  but probably not needed.  does anyone use at for anything on the
servers?

> messagebus haldaemon cups acpid xfs
> 	Only relevant to desktops?
should be ok,  i have cups on my file and print server  but thats it as far as
servers go

> xinetd
> 	Only turn this on if we actually use anything that requires it?
sounds fine to me
> arptables_jf
> 	Have or will we ever use this?

probably not  if we need it we can re-enable it.

we should definitely have only what we need enabled.  everything else should
be off.

Dennis