Web server torturing

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Dec 7 17:58:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 19:31 +0200, Ahmed Kamal wrote:

> Does anyone know how fast cacti polls the server, we should need
> something < 5 sec I guess?

Cacti by default polls every 5 minutes.  It's adjustable, but
unfortunately the polling is controlled by cron so at best you could do
1 minute intervals.

> Also, it would have been nice to get per process swap/ram info, guess
> cacti cant do that.

There's some stuff in the host resources SNMP mib that will show you the
total amount of memory allocated to a process, but it isn't separated
into separate resident/virtual set numbers.

> Anyway, I can still launch one long-running top job as well as cacti.

Can't hurt...

Jeff