bcfg2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 22 00:57:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:22:01PM -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> From your experience with yum, how much breakage is caused by python
> bugs, how much by bugs in components that yum relies on, how much by
> bugs in yum itself and how much by user error ? I would assume the
> lion's share of these problems, as with any tool, is bugs in the
> tool itself.

That's an argument in favour of a tool written in a language everyone
around here is comfortable with, or not?

Anyway I think we should start looking at the tools themselves and
consider more parameters than the mere language they are written in. A
healthy developer and user community is probably more important, as
well as usability and scalability to more complex setups.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net