PackageDB progress

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 20:26:40 UTC 2006

As a followup to yesterday's meeting, I've finished converting the
owners.py script that imports owners.list and cvs information into the
database.  A sync against what's currently in owners.list has been added
to the postgres database on test3 (where we're doing the packagedb
testing.)

To people who'd like to help out with the backend here's the tasks we
have:
1) look over the db schema posted last week and propose changes.
2) Enhance the owners.py script to convert RHL and EPEL branches as well
as FC branches.
3) c4chris has been working on getting review requests and approval
information into the database.  There are a pair of files
APPROVED_trim.txt and REQUESTS_trim.txt on the server that have
information from the mailing list approvals at the beginning of Extras.
A build_list perl script that c4chris is working on transforms these
into a csv file.  Someone can work on pushing this data into the
database.
4) Storing Groups and Categories for comps generation could be worked
on.  I have some ideas for the database schema but nothing solid yet.

I'm gong to start working on a minimal TurboGears front end next with
the idea of being able to take over from owners.list as a first
milestone.

-Toshio