[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Extras Package Database

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Sun Jul 2 15:56:26 UTC 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 00:27, Michael J. Knox wrote:

> Elliot Lee wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PackageDatabase has
>> been out there for a bit...
>> I've put together a strawman schema (as a TurboGears model.py) to
>> help move things along - apologies if someone else has beaten me
>> to it. I think at this point the right questions to be asking are
>> long the lines of "will this schema support feature X or use case
>> Y?". From a quick glance at the web page, I *think* it mostly
>> will. There are some problems with this still, but open source is
>> all about fixing those problems :)
>
> This is cool Elliot. This is a project I would like to help out on,
> but didn't really know where to start.

That in itself is helpful to know, because it's never 100% clear
whether progress is dependent on having time or having knowledge :)

In general, quite a few projects are at the stage where the main
helping out to be done is figuring out what needs to be done. There's
no set task list for the packageDB or account system, just a need for
someone to figure out what's going on, and to keep pushing at it
until a complete spec emerges.

Are there areas where others could use more elaboration to get them
started?

Best,
-- Elliot